MOTHER-DAUGHTER TEAM DONNA STOCKTON HICKS AND SHELLY ROSENBERG SHARE WHAT’S ON TREND THIS YEAR
WHO: Shelly Rosenberg and Donna Stockton
WHAT: Mother/daughter interior designers
WHERE: Austin and Dallas
1. Wood with some sort of metal accent is a continuing trend in furniture, lamps and accessories.
2. Customized mixed patterns on and around the bed and upholstered headboards. Gone are bed skirts; in are clean matching side rails for upholstery headboards.
3. Everyone should update the framing of their art work with cleaner, lighter frames.
4. Modern art continues to be hot, whether in photography, modern abstracts or mirrors.
5. Mid Century Modern with its clean lines is represented in these metal and leather chairs.
6. Small side tables are everywhere, with the most popular materials being mixed metals, stone tops, and wooden tops.
7. Lucite and wood continue to be hot items.
8. Metal cabinets give functional pieces a wow factor, such as this painted metal frame with stone sliding doors.
9. Texture adds much-needed dimension to popular monochromatic design schemes and a luxury layer to more playful palettes. Faux fur is all over markets this year, but for the real deal, the shearling clad Sydney Chair from Brett Designs is a classic choice.
10. The twin Pantone Colors of the Year 2016 are Rose Quartz and Serenity, illustrated beautifully in a custom Silhouette wallpaper by Gracie.